Dear Lower Lab Community,
What an amazing first week! Although I was in the building since July 13th, the true feeling of school did not kick in until I heard the chatter and laughter of our beautiful students.
The children had a great start. All hands were on deck to help students. Many thanks to the teachers, who prepared their classrooms and their instructional plans to welcome and excite their students. Many thanks go to the parents, who worked in so many ways to assist the successful opening of school, including a yummy breakfast before our staff professional development day on the 8th. Always, a special thanks to the wonderful team, Gina, Sam, Hugues and Ann, who support the running of Lower Lab in more ways than imaginable. Ms. Perez is a stupendous administrator, who I am lucky to have as my partner at Lower Lab.
Although the weather was warm, the children were crisp learners throughout the first days. They enjoyed read alouds, specials, and reconnecting with their friends. Early on Wednesday morning, even our newest students, the kindergarteners were hard at work. The TAs provided awesome support everywhere – what a great group! Recess and lunch went smoothly and throughout the day, it was hard to tell if it was the first day of school or the 100th.
A few important reminders:
- No school on Monday, September 14th and Tuesday, September 15th (Shanah Tova to those who are celebrating Rosh Hashanah)
- On Wednesday, September 16th, Kindergarten parents should join us for the Welcome Cocktail Party.
- Please join us for the Back to School Curriculum Night on Thursday, September 17th from 5pm to 7:30pm. Classroom teachers will be presenting from 5-6pm; Specialists will present from 6-7pm, followed by a final activity and close from 7-7:30pm
- Please attend the year’s first PTA meeting and Welcome Back Breakfast on Friday, September 18th at 8:15am in the school cafeteria.
- No school on Wednesday, September 23rd and Thursday, September 24th due to religious holidays.
- Come to the Lower Lab Fall Fair on Saturday, September 26th
Once again, I must say that it is my honor to be your school’s principal. It is a pleasure to work with such a devoted and smart staff, and to collaborate with wonderful families to create the best educational opportunity out there for elementary students. One of the most fun aspects of this job has already happened. Just today, Lucy who turned 6 brought me a birthday cookie – it does not get better than that J
As we move forward throughout this school year, there will be so much more to share. Looking forward to our continued communication and collaboration, and to many weeks that are as amazing as this first one!
“Proud Principal of Lower Lab School”