January 23rd, 2019
It’s incredible that our Winter Sing performance is just two days away. The students have been working very hard. Here are some tips to prepare for Friday.
- Eat a decent Breakfast – It’s important for your child to eat a decent breakfast. Here are some ideas for a decent breakfast: eggs, cereal with a piece of fruit, oatmeal, yogurt with fruit and nuts, or whole grain toast with jam.
- Nerves – It’s natural to get nervous. Sometimes nerves are also associated with being excited. Some foods that help with nerves are bananas and almonds. Prior to any performance or audition, I always eat a banana or almonds and I felt more relaxed while performing.
- Review songs in the morning – It’s easier to review songs in the morning because you have a clearer mind compared to the afternoon.
- Get a Good Night Sleep – Go to bed early. It’s recommended children receive 9 to 11 hours of sleep. Sleep also helps with focus, which is essential for singing.
- Remind Your Child That Everyone In the Audience is There is To Support You – Remember everyone in the audience came to watch you and wants you to do well.
Looking forward to seeing you on Friday.
All the best,