We are wrapping up our Bigger Books, Bigger Reading Muscles unit. We have learned the following:
- We can use our letter-sound knowledge to solve unknown words.
- We can solve words by looking at the beginning parts of words and then moving toward the ends of words.
The children were also introduced to blends and digraphs! They learned that as books get more challenging, they will have to move from looking at just the initial consonant in a word to looking at the first two or three consonants.
- We wrapped up our Writing for Readers unit and had a very successful publishing party before the break! Thank you all for coming!
- Our next unit shifts back to informational writing. Students will be writing “How-To” books that include clear steps and procedures to teach readers to do something.
The main math ideas reviewed are as follows:
- Understanding, representing, and solving problems involving addition and subtraction with larger numbers
- Understanding equivalence
- Understanding and extending the counting sequence