STEM Summer in the City is a free five-week program designed to provide students in grades 2-10 the opportunity for an engaging and fun summer program designed specifically around STEM–science, technology, engineering, and math.
In addition to weekly STEM challenges that involve developing engineering solutions for real-world problems and inventing with robotics and coding, the program also includes enrichment opportunities in the arts, physical education, trips to NYC cultural institutions.
Apply now for STEM Summer in the City 2019(Open external link)! Application closes April 26, 2019. Only online applications will be accepted, no paper.
- Students are accepted into this program via lottery. We will accept applications for all high school students, but preference will be given in the lottery to students in grades 9 and 10.
- Program runs from July 2-August 8, 2019.
- Monday through Thursday from 8:30am-2:30pm.
- Breakfast and lunch included.
- Free transportation provided; MetroCards or busing depending on students’ grade level and the distance between their residence and the program location. There is no bus transportation between boroughs.
STEM Summer in the City takes place in 11 locations across the city. Based on the grades of your children, you may have to choose different locations on your application since students in grades 2-5 attend elementary sites and students in grades 6-10 attend the middle/high school sites; unless you select the site in Far Rockaway which serves students in grades 2-8. Click the school names below to see the locations where the program is offered.
Elementary School Sites
Queens/Far Rockaway: P.S. 183 Dr. Richard R Green(Open external link)
Staten Island: P.S. 57 Hubert H Humphrey(Open external link)