LowerLab.org is our school’s official website. On it you will find a great deal of information on matters of importance to our families, including policies and procedures, academics and curricula, general announcements and upcoming events. Some of the website is public, and some of the website is private for security reasons. To make our home-school communication easily accessible to current Lower Lab families, while still providing a level of security, we have decided to move to a universal password for all private content on the MyLowerLab section of our website. The password is: mylowerlab (all lowercase). Once you log-in with this password and save it on your device, it should automatically and always connect you (most browsers).
Our school calendar is accessible on LowerLab.org (protected by the same password: mylowerlab).
Electronic communication between home and school:
- LL Communiqués, emails from Lower Lab featuring school news, with excerpts and links to any new posts on our private parent portal, mylowerlab.org. LL Communiqués contain information relevant to ALL Lower Lab families, such as dates of upcoming assemblies, parent-teacher conferences, etc. as well as posts from the principal, guidance counselor, and specialty teachers.
- Email alerts when your child(ren)’s teacher posts their monthly newsletters containing curriculum updates and other important news. This will be generated based on the mailing list preferences you set (see below), ie. you can sign up only for first-grade class posts.
- School Messenger Texts for urgent matters according to NYCDOE protocols (detailed description and directions for opting-in will be sent separately).
What parents need to do:
- SIGN UP FOR THE MAILING LIST: Go to our mailing list signup form (also linked in the MYLOWERLAB menu on our website) and enter your preferences according to what classes your children are in.
- Add our calendar to your Google Calendar by clicking the link in the lower right-hand corner of the calendar, or use the iCal address to add this calendar to other applications.
- STAY CONNECTED: When parents click links in their LL Communiqué emails they will be taken to org where they will enter the password mylowerlab (all lowercase) to read the content*
*Please remember this password, although most browsers will keep you logged in once you enter the password, and have an option to store the password. You should only have to enter the password once from each device you use.
We hope you will all follow these steps to have up-to-date information about your child(ren)’s school. If you have any questions, please email Gina, our parent coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Great News from the PTA:
The PTA has a new all-in-one communication platform – Parent Square. It contains a directory and will provide you with information on all PTA events, volunteer opportunities and more, via email, text, and/or app notification. Sign up by following the prompts you received by email invitation. If you did not receive an invite, please send an email to email@example.com.