- When the bus arrives, stand at least three giant steps (6 feet) away from the curb.
- If you have to cross the street in front of the bus, walk on the sidewalk or along the side of the road until you are five giant steps (10 feet) ahead of the bus. Then you can cross the street
- Be sure the driver can see you and you can see the driver
- Never walk behind the bus
- If you drop something near the bus, tell the bus driver. Never try to pick it up first because the driver may not be able to see you.