Dear Lower Lab Families,
It is our goal, to maintain a productive learning environment for all students. While we highly discourage absences, please do not send your child to school if they exhibit the following signs and symptoms:
- Fever of 100 Fahrenheit (37.7 Celsius) and above
- Sore throat – inability to swallow/swollen glands
- Persistent coughing
- Severe Headache
The Department of Health Guidelines are:
- A student with a fever: Keep at home until temperature is normal for 24 hours.
- A student with vomiting: Keep at home until vomiting has stopped for 24 hours.
- Contact your Primary Care Doctor/Clinic for further evaluations – send the Doctor’s note to school
- Contact the school and let us know about any illness that keeps your child home for more than three (3) days.
You can help limit the spread of viruses by reminding your child to:
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve, not with hands
- Keep hands out of nose, mouth, and ears
- Wash Your Hands
If a child becomes ill at school, please make arrangements to have the child picked up immediately. It is necessary that the Emergency Contact Form contains up-to-date contact information.
We appreciate your support,
Nurse Cynthia Pena
Office of School Health