The NYCDOE Division of Instructional and Information Technology has requested that students begin using their @nycstudents.net accounts for accessing their learning management systems and video conferencing platforms. Our teachers will be using the NYC DOE Google Classroom as our learning management system and NYC DOE zoom for video conferencing tool.
In order for students to log into the NYC DOE Google Classroom,
- Make sure you’re logged out of all other gmail accounts.
- If you’re using a chromebook, sign in to the device with your child’s DOE username and password. You’ll need to click Add Person.
- On your browser, go to the NYC DOE Teach Portal link
- Log in with your childs NYC DOE username and password (If you need to retrieve your child’s NYC DOE username and password, go to this link)
Example: Jonathan Smith
Username: JOnathans10 (yes, the first two letters are capitals and you don’t need to add the @nycstudents.net for login purposes)
Password: H@rvard0301 SAVE YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD!
- Scroll down and click on google classroom.
- You will then see the invitations for your child to join their classroom teachers’ and specialists’ google classroom.
- Click the join button for each google classroom invitation