Keeping school buildings open depends upon awareness of and immediate action on any COVID-19 concerns in our buildings. To do this, we need students and staff in our buildings to get tested! For more information about the DOE’s Random COVID-19 Testing Program, please see the presentation from last week’s parent leader briefing on random testing in schools and links below. If you were unable to make the event, you can watch the recording here.
We received a number of questions from parent leaders and advocates about testing and student privacy, and are pleased to announce that the DOE website has been updated to provide information about the agreements with BioReference Laboratories Inc., Fulgent Genetics Inc., and Somos Healthcare Inc. We will share answers from the questions raised in the event’s chat and Q/A session next week. Here are additional resources:
· See the Frequently Asked Questions about the testing program
· If you have a NYC Schools Account (NYCSA), you can complete the consent form electronically through the web application. If you revoke consent for testing through NYCSA, please notify your child’s school as well.
· Don’t have a New York City Schools Account? Get one today!
· Read the letter from Chancellor Carranza about the testing (translations also available).
· Paper consent forms are available here.
· Video: NYC Schools will keep our kids safe